The mission of the Diocesan Apostolate For Liturgical Music and Publications is to provide the necessary resources and support to the Diocesan Hierarch, Clergy and Cantors in matters concerning liturgical translations and music, liturgics, and other matters affecting the liturgical life of the Diocese.
The Diocesan Apostolate For Liturgical Music and Publications oversees the publication of all liturgical service texts and rubrics within the American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese of the USA. It also promotes the Carpatho-Rusyn Plain Chant congregational singing tradition in the diocese, through cantor training programs and symposiums.
In particular, the Apostolate For Liturgical Music and Publications:
- Provides appropriate musical settings of the Carpatho-Rusyn Plain Chant for use in congregational singing and worship.
- Publishes service books with Plain Chant music settings for the liturgical offices and festal cycles of the Church.
- Provides rubrics and liturgical guidelines for the celebration of the Divine Services according to the Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Tradition.
- Oversees the liturgical music curriculum at Christ the Saviour SeminaryDevelops Cantor training programs and curriculum.
- Provides educational materials on the history and significance of the Carpatho-Rusyn Plain Chant.
- Works with the Diocesan Apostolate for Communication and Information technology to provide multi-media instructional materials and recordings of Plain Chant and choral music as sung within the diocese..
Holy Pentecost; Agrippina the Martyr of Rome; Holy Martyrs Aristocleus the Priest, Demetrius the Deacon and Athanasius the Reader; The Holy New Archpriest Martyrs Gerasimus of Crete, Neophytos of Knossos, Joachim of Cherronisos, Hierotheos of Lampi, Zachariah of Sitia, Joachim of Petra, Gerasimos of Rethymno, Kallinikos of Kydonia, Melchizedek of Kissamos, Kallinikos of Diopolos, and those Martyred with Them (1821-1822); Mark, Bishop of Ephesus; Etheldreda the Queen
You are viewing the New Calendar Readings. View the Old Calendar